Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coast Guard Tour

Sorry I didn't add my entry yesterday I got caught up with school and other things.

The Go See It was a lot of fun. There was so much information. The Savannah Coast Guard Air Crew rescues from south of Disney in Florida to somewhere north into South Carolina. The crew is a 4 man crew and can go about 2 hours before refueling the aircraft. There are 2 ways to rescue people; 1) is in the basket and 2) is the harness that wraps under your arms and is strapped across your chest. The crew is on duty for 24 hours at a time. After learning about the Coast Guard we watched a cool music video then they showed us a video of a rescue they did off Tybee Island. Last but not least we got to get on one of the helicopters. I appreciate the Coast Guard for showing us around.

Doing my best...

No comments: